Cerberus Real Estate Capital Management, LLC is a global leader in real estate investing with a deep track record of success and the proven ability to deploy significant capital anywhere in the world.
We seek out opportunities created by inefficient capital structures, event-driven distress and asset-level difficulties that can be acquired at a significant discount. Our real estate professionals are experts at creating debt transaction structures that offer downside protection, mitigate risk and align the interests of participating parties. Each opportunity is evaluated based on the underlying value of the asset and the risks associated with correcting the situation to unlock value. We support both the near- and long-term capital needs of the properties in which we invest.
Our Real Estate professionals are seasoned experts in sourcing, analyzing, structuring and monetizing real estate investments in distressed debt, high-yielding senior loans, direct equity and hybrid investments, among others. Their experience spans highly structured and complicated capital structures, sponsorship/management turnaround issues, divestitures and bankruptcies.
Areas of investment for Cerberus Real Estate have included:
- Individual assets and property portfolios in need of repositioning, capital improvements and/or leasing solutions
- Individual distressed bank loans secured by property
- U.S., Asian and European non-performing loan pools
- Distressed securities (including CMBS and RMBS)
- Gap capital for asset recapitalizations, rescue financing and joint ventures with financial sponsors and financial institutions that need capital
- Distressed real estate assets foreclosed on by lenders
- Real estate held by banks and corporations that need capital